Wanting to try out the latest in health and beauty products can be costly, and if you’re a frugalista like myself, you’ll find a way to bypass those costs, at all costs. It just so happens that an advertisement popped up my news feed on Facebook for a service called, Beauty Box Five, I can’t remember what exactly that advertisement stated but I know that it caught my eye. Let me tell you more about the box:
- You receive 5 samples of beauty products when you sign up for a subscription.
- The subscriptions start at $12.00/month, and the shipping is free.
- Monthly can include hair products, makeup, skin care products, fragrances, nail polish, beauty accessories, and more.
- If you sign up by the 21st of the month, you will receive this month’s box. Signing up after the 21st means you’ll receive your first box the following month.
For some reason, I ended up being charged for two boxes (again, I don’t remember exactly what the ad said), and I was charged for both of them at the same time. That was a little strange, but going forward, I will remember to read the fine print more closely. Okay, so here’s what was in my boxes:
- 2 Packets of Natural Style by FUBU Deep Conditioner and Cowash – Ok, so I’m wondering if this is FUBU as in, For Us By Us. Either way, I’m just happy that they included two packets for my thick hair. Through the package, the product feels creamy, and that is a plus for me when deep conditioning.
- My Beauty Spot Nail Polish (There was no color listed) – This color claims to dry fast, and it does! I only painted one nail, but I can tell that it needs at least two coats for the rosy pink color that I received to be at its greatest potential.
- Revlon Bold Lacquer by Grow Luscious in Blackest Black – I received two of these and I gave one to my sister. Right now I am on the hunt for a long lasting, no clumping mascara that gives me the look of falsies. I wonder if this mascara is up for the job…hmm.
- Nicka K Eyelight Crayon in Charcoal – This eyeliner can be used to prime your lids, as a base, an eye shadow, or just as a liner. I used to have a metallic blue color that this reminds me of, so I’m hoping to rekindle that flame with this product.
- Sally Hansen Toe Spacers – There’s not much to say about these. They’re toe spacers.
- Revlon Bold Lacquer by Grow Luscious in Blackest Black
- Extend Your Beauty Cosmetic Tool – So you know how have enough lotion or conditioner to finish the job, but you can’t get it out of the bottle? That’s where this beauty tool comes in handy! This is genius, and I can’t wait to use it.
- Chapstick Hydration Lock Moisturize/Renew Lip Balm – I’m not a huge fan of Chapstick, but this stuff is pretty awesome. I discuss this more, below.
- bellápierre Cosmetics Pink Cheek + Lip Stain – Yea…I probably will not be staining my cheeks with this, because I don’t do blush (that’s just a personal preference). This might be a nice base for some lipstick, though.
- Nanacoco Nail Polish in Mermaid Lake – The name of this polish is perfectly fitting. This aquatic hue might make its way to my nails, soon.
As of yet, I have not fully tried out any of these products, except the Chapstick Hydration Lock Moisturize/Renew Lip Balm, and so far I like it. I’ve been using the Renew side in the morning as a base after I exfoliate my lips, and before putting on lip gloss or lipstick. This product has some great ingredients, including sunflower seed oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, mango butter, olive oil, and shea butter. It is very moisturizing and provides long-lasting moisture. This is something that I could see myself repurchasing in the future.
As for the Beauty Box Five as a whole, I’m not sure just yet if I’m sold on it. I feel like these products are easily attainable at local stores and beauty retailers. I was hoping for more exclusive products, but I understand the need for the products that I received to be promoted. Honestly, other than the mascara, I probably would not have looked twice at these products so it makes sense that they would be included. As I try the items that I included out, I will either review them on the blog or one of my social media outlets.
Get your Beauty Box Five, here: http://www.beautybox5.com/get-the-box