I think I might be the last person to try Shea Moisture's Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque with African Rock Fig & Baobab Oil, or other products from this exclusive line. For months I've walked past this line at Target stores, resisting my inner "product junkie" from breaking loose and making a purchase. I had resisted the urge to buy any new products for so long that I had run out of ALL of my go-to deep conditioners. So on my latest shopping excursion to the Red Circle Boutique. I examined the selection of natural hair care and figured that I might as well try something new (and I am glad that I did!).
I L O V E this hair masque! It left my hair feeling so soft, nourished and moisturized. I can tell that the product really penetrated the hair shaft and cuticle and restored my hair to a healthier state. Just like any other Shea Moisture product, there are no sulfates, parabens, or mineral oil. The active ingredients that are at work are:
Manuka Honey: Anti-inflammatory properties soothe the scalp. Helps create moisturizing barrier
Mafura Oil: High levels of beneficial olec acid help replenish oils stripped from hair
African Rock Fig: Contains antioxidant Vitamin C, which helps keep hair looking vibrant
This is how I incorporated this into my wash day:
- My hair was very dry and tangled from lack of care in the previous week. So I decided to co-wash (Suave Natural’s Almond + Shea Butter Conditioner) my hair first to get rid of all of the tangles. I did not want to put too much tension on my strands after deep conditioning. During cowash, I placed my hair in about six chunky two-strand twists, and then rinsed the conditioner.
- Next, to each section of hair I applied Shea Moisture’s Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque with African Rock Fig & Baobab Oil, generously, focusing on the ends and color-treated strands. Since I do not have a hooded dryer or a steamer, I wrapped my hair in saran wrap (yes, saran wrap) to lock in some heat so the conditioner could do its job.
- After going about my household errands for about an hour or so, I unraveled the wrapping and reveled in super soft and hydrated hair! Once I rinsed the masque out, I sprayed on my leave-in conditioner and locked in that moisture with some hair oil.
- Lastly, I allowed my hair to air dry, slightly, for several hours before proceeding to blow it out and do a protective style.
- Even after the blow drying process (Tresemme’ Heat Tamer Spray), and protective styling, my hair is soft to the touch, and has tons of sheen and moisture.
Ladies and gentleman, I think we have a winner, here!
Have you tried this or any other products from Shea Moisture’s Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil line? How’d they work out for you?